14.10.10

Procrastination + Ineptitude = Bowl Full of Remorse

Hello, hello to the few readers of the blog.

After almost a three month hiatus... I'M BACK! I apologize for being an absent mother but after a long pensive break I am back and with a vengeance. Well, not really a vengeance per se... more like a new found resurgence.

Hopefully, you still love me after this post because I come bearing GIFT (yes, singular because the economy sucks). You might or might not know that I am currently dating KCRW and it's getting serious. Pssssh... I wish! Anyway, after a great set I heard on 'Morning Becomes Eclectic' I also heard the greatest rendition of my beloved David Bowie's "Golden Years".  The release of a digitally remastered Station to Station prompted a few of Bowie's head honchos to ask four KCRW DJs to remix their own take of the classic song. My personal favorite is Jeremy Sole's remix because he did not stray too far from the original, yet he managed to inject a different Caribbean lounge-y atmosphere into the already catchy tune. I must give him mad props for recording in 100% analog, using vintage equipment, and musicians that have worked alongside the likes of Amy Winehouse, Budos Band, Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, and Menahan Street Band.

Check out the vid for the sweet tribute:



Verdict: I CANNOT/REFUSE to stop listening to this song! Neither should you. I want this song too!


Makes me want to go back into time to the 1970s bachelor swingers pad.




Clue #1 for Halloween Costume. Can you guess who/what I might impersonate in tranny form on All Hallow's Eve?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Greetings, from me to you via cyberspace! My name is Karen and this blog was started in conjunction with my Digital Art 141 class. My creative background spans from my fascination with sustainability issues, urban design, architecture, and interactive art. I guess that I am no different than many college students in that I am not sure where my interior architecture major and women's, gender, and sexuality studies minor will lead me in terms of a career path. All that I know is that I am interested in exploring urban design work, advocacy and nonprofit work within underrepresented communities, and possibly starting my own green business. I hope to have a better understanding on design within different facets, including a digital medium because of this class. Hope you enjoy my future posts regarding art and other nonsense running through my head.